Friday, August 28, 2020

GOING BACK IN TIME.....



I can NOT revisit the past via a Delorean coupe, or a phone booth. However, I can use books, documents, and photographs, to transport myself back in time.


Above is the yearbook for WENTWORTH / WILSON schools. It covers the 1968 to 1969 school year. It's from Calumet City Illinois and includes both, Wentworth junior high and Wilson elementary schools ( grades one to eight ).

I don't know how common elementary school yearbooks were, but my schools had them. Did yours?

I wrote to a public library in California a few times ( BEFORE the PANDEMIC ). I wanted some photo copies of two yearbook pages sent to me via self-addressed stamped envelope, or email - whichever was easier for them.

The first time I wrote to them, someone with the reading comprehension skills of a carrot, answered me via email. It was a nonsensical reply. So, I sent a physical letter to the person in charge of the library. I politely asked for their help. They never used the self-addressed stamped envelope I supplied, or emailed me back.

It was a SIMPLE TASK, that required very little time and effort to complete.

This personal endeavor has a lot of emotional baggage tied to it, and I would like to achieve closure.

I also had NO luck with my R.O.P. class photo, or finding out what happened with our classrooms - destroyed by fire?

Anyway... Do public schools still have nurses?



Does a lot of drama occur in the drama club? Is drama club a real life soap opera?

Imagine a pissed off girl in drama club - "I saw Kevin making out with our teacher!"... "THAT BITCH IS GOING DOWN!"



It's funny how much attention cheerleaders get in school. Sometimes for the wrong reasons. The stereotype of the self-centred cheerleader is alive and well ( as is the stereotype of the moronic athlete ).



Class of 1969... Think of all the stories behind all those faces. I think the teacher, is the person in the first photo ( top row on left ). She was very cute.



Once again, I would appreciate some help. As I've mentioned before, I'm NOT very knowledgeable in regards to computers, or social websites, like INSTAGRAM.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment