Wednesday, September 8, 2021

CLASS OF 1981 - WE EXISTED, AND WE MATTERED.....

On a warm and windless sunny day, Mr. Metcalf took our class photo. It was taken in front of our main classroom (a quonset hut). I never got a copy of it, and I don't know how many of my classmates received one. At this point in time, I've given up all hope of ever seeing it, and that hurts me very much.

Photo above is from WIKIPEDIA.

Below are screengrabs and quotes from the movie ONE HOUR PHOTO....

Sy: "These snapshots are their little stands against the flow of time. The shutter's clicked, the flash goes off and they've stopped time just for the blink of an eye. And if these pictures have anything important to say to future generations, it's this; I was here. I existed. I was young. I was happy and someone cared enough about me in this world, to take my picture"

Above is a screengrab from a YOUTUBE video review of MIDCENTURY MEMORIES (posted by ON THE NATURE OF LIGHT). The book is published by TASCHEN.

One last rant.... What ever happended to COMMON COURTESY?

As a general rule, there are at least four answers to any given question. Those answers are, "YES, "NO", "MAYBE", and "I DON'T KNOW". There aren't many legit excuses for NOT answering.

Just for the record, I've asked questions via, social networks, forums, website forms, emails, and snail mails (I almost always enclose an S.A.S.E.)... and yet,  I only got THREE replies!

To all the individuals that ignored my requests for help, I say this, I hope when you need answers, you get treated the same way.


I hope at least one of my classmates, or someone that knew one of them, reads this blog. The same goes for anyone that knew our instructor, Walt Metcalf.

It's time for me to say goodbye.....

No comments:

Post a Comment